South Pacific Coral Reef Ecology
Discover the vibrant cities below the waves
You will learn:
This comprehensive program looks at the ecology of coral reefs with 15 training presentation videos divided into 6 sections, including a fun quiz at the end of each section.
Section 1: Importance of Coral Reefs
Section 2: Diversity of Coral Reefs - Corals
Section 3: Diversity of Coral Reefs - Fish
Section 4: Diversity of Coral Reefs - Marine Invertebrates
Section 5: Mangroves & Seagrasses
Section 6: Threats & Conservation of Coral Reefs
• Is applicable to all coral reefs globally
• Includes significant local context to reefs in the South Pacific
• Is illustrated by stunning photos and underwater videos, mainly shot by Ocean Ventures in Natewa Bay, Fiji
This is the course for you, if:
• You have an interest in coral reefs globally and/or marine conservation
• You have a general interest in our oceans and the environment
• You have a specific interest in the coral reefs of the South Pacific
• You planned an ocean-based trip but are currently unable to travel due to restrictions
• You're a scuba diver or a snorkeler
• You're a diver looking to earn a new certification (our specialty can credit towards PADI Master Scuba Diver)
• You're a student interested in the fields of marine science or marine biology
• You're an underwater photographer looking to improve your knowledge of marine creatures & basic ID skills
Check out this short preview video!
This eLearning course can be taken either as a standalone program at US $50, or with certification in Ocean Ventures' exclusive PADI distinctive specialty, PADI South Pacific Coral Reef Ecology at US $95. We will deduct the basic cost of US $50 from selected diving courses and dive packages for anybody diving with Ocean Ventures Fiji in the future!
The course is hosted on the established teaching platform Teachable.com which uses a secure 128-bit SSL encrypted payment system.
If you have any questions please contact Matthew and Sara at firstname.lastname@example.org
“I completed your new course and I really loved it. I can't wait to dive with you again so I can start identifying things! The course had the perfect amount of scientific info (for me, a lay-person!) and the taxonomy overview was a really useful framework to make sense of the biological structures.” - Zoe
“I have thoroughly enjoyed your PADI South Pacific Coral Reef Ecology Specialty course, which was very informative and a sincere joy; thank you for putting it together and offering it.” - Jean-Paul